Cataloochee Ski Area is located high in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina. The elevation and state of the art snowmaking make it one of the nation’s fisrt mountains to open each season. It is great for winter vacation as well. The Ski and Snowboard School offers everything from the basic to the most advanced techniques. Class and private lessons are offered throughout day and evening. They also offer the Cat Tracker program fro students ages 4 – 12 years old.
1080 Ski Lodge Road, Maggie Valley, North Carolina 28751
How To Get There
Cataloochee Ski Area is located four miles off U.S. 19 above Maggie Valley, North Carolina and is easily accessed from Interstate-40.
– From the East (Asheville/Charlotte) Take I-40 West to exit 27 (Maggie Valley). Exit on to U.S. 19 South (exit right) and follow the signs.
– From the West (Knoxville) Take I-40 East to exit 20 (Maggie Valley). Exit on to U.S. 276 South (exit right) and follow the signs.
– From the North (Cherokee) Take U.S. 441 South to U.S. 19 North (Maggie Valley) and follow the signs.
– From the Atlanta area and points south Take U.S. 441 to U.S. 23 exiting in the city of Waynesville (exit 102B). Take 276 North to U.S. 19 South (turn left) and follow the signs.
Using a GPS or online mapping program can result in driving impassable mountain roads. If you choose to use technology to plan the trip, use Tube World’s address as the destination. This will bring you to the base of Fie Top Road, four miles from the Cataloochee Ski Area. Also, Google Maps has been updated with the correct route if you wish to use the ski area address.
Asheville, NC: 45 Minutes
Atlanta, GA: 3 hours 20 minutes
Birmingham, AL: 5 hours 30 minutes
Charlotte, NC: 2 hours 45 minutes
Chattanooga, TN: 3 hours 15 minutes
Columbia, SC: 3 hours
Greenville, SC: 1 hour 30 minutes
Jacksonville, FL: 7 hours
Knoxville, TN: 1 hour 45 minutes
Spartanburg, SC: 1 hour 30 minutes
Summit Elevation 5,400′
740 Vertical Feet
3 Chairlifts and 2 Conveyors Lift
Lighted Terrain Park
100% State of the Art Snowmaking
The longest run: Upper and Lower Snowbird 3500 Feet
Slopes and Trails
Upper Omigosh* 1000 ft.
Alley Cat* 900 ft.
Cat Cage Terrain Park*
Lower Omigosh* 1800 ft.
Rock Island Run* 1200 ft.
Upper Snowbird* 1600 ft.
Lower Snowbird* 1900 ft.
Short ‘n Sweet* 550 ft.
Wild Cat Glade 550 ft.
Over Easy* 400 ft.
Rabbit Hill* 600 ft.
Wolf Creek Hollow*
Easy Way* 600 ft.
Turkey Trot* 1200 ft.
Upper Turkey Trot* 400 ft.
Upper Over Easy* 400 ft.
* Slopes have lights for night use.
Cat Cage Terrain Park
For skiers and snowboarders looking for a thrill, Cat Cage Terrain Park delivers with rails, boxes, jibs, and jumps
Tube World’s groomed slope is custom made for riding on specially designed inner tubes. Relax as you are spirited to the top of the hill via Tube World moving carpet lift, then enjoy the exhilaration that comes from riding tube down the snow-covered run. For little ones under 42″ height requirement, Tube World has a special Wee Bowl Snowplay Area. Tube World is a terrific alternative to skiing or snowboarding for family or group.
Rental Shop and Gift Shop
There is a rental shop in ski area to outfit you for the sport of your choice, for example ski jackets and snow pants. The gift shop sells items you need for a great day on the snow. They also sell clothing, supplies, and souvenirs.
Day: 9am-4:30pm (Weekday), 8:30am-4:30pm (Weekend/Holiday)
Half Day: 9am-1pm/1pm-4:30pm (Weekday), 8:30am-1pm/1pm-4:30pm (Weekend/Holiday)
Twilight: 1pm-10pm (Weekday), 1pm-10pm (Weekend/Holiday)
Night: 6pm-10pm (Weekday), 6pm-10pm (Weekend/Holiday)
Marathon: 9am-10pm (Weekday), 8:30am-10pm (Weekend/Holiday)
Special pricing and programming is available for groups of 15 or more
Where to Stay
– A Holiday Motel (www.holidaymotel.net)
– Alamo Motel & Cottages (www.alamomotel.net)
– Best Western – Maggie Valley (www.bestwestern.com/mountainbrookinn)
– Boyd Mountain Log Cabins (www.boydmountain.com)
– Cabins at Twinbrook Resort & R.V. SItes (www.twinbrookresort.com)
– Cataloochee Ranch (www.cataloocheeranch.com)
– Comfort Inn (www.comfortinnmaggie.com
– Country Cabins (www.countrycabinsmv.com)
– Creek ‘n Woods Vacations (www.creeknwoods.com)
– Creek Wood Village Resort (www.creekwoodvillagecabins.com)
– Deer Country Vacations Cabins (www.deercountry.com)
– Jonathan Creek Inn & Villas (www.jonathancreekinn.com)
– Maggie Mountain Vacations (www.maggiemountainvacations.com)
– Maggie Valley Club & Resorts (www.maggievalleyclub.com)
– Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge (www.creeksidelodge.com)
– Maggie Valley Inn & Conference Center (www.maggievalleyhotel.com)
– Microtel Inn & Suites (www.microtelinn.com)
– Misty Mountain Ranch B&B/Cabins (www.mistymtnranch.com)
– Mountain Joy Cottages (www.mountainjoycottages.com)
– Ramada Limited Creekside (www.ramadamaggie.com)
– Smoky Falls Lodge (www.smokyfallslodge.com)
– Smoky View Cottages & R.V. Resort (www.smokyviewcottages.com)
– The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa (www.thewaynesvilleinn.com
+1 828-926-0285, +1 800-768-0285